Reminder: No Open Fires
Thursday, June 28, 2012
The East Coast Trail Association's policy is that open fires are strictly prohibited. Respecting this policy becomes even more important in times of dry, hot weather.
Remember to leave no trace
* Take only pictures. Leave plants and wildlife undisturbed.
* Pack it in... pack it out. Remove all trash, left over food and litter.
* No open fires. Carry a camping stove.
Recent news regarding the Provincial Government's fire ban
Fire ban began June 24th, 2012.
* Telegram: N.L. fireworks ban puts damper on Canada Day preparations
* Global News: Newfoundland to implement provincewide outdoor fire ban starting tonight
* Toronto Sun: 1000 evacuated from Labrador communities as fires advance
News item posted by: T. Smith
Photo credits: J. Van Houwelingen, T. Smith
Photo collage: Trailhead caution sign, Berry Head on Spurwink Island Path and the Spout on Spout Path.
|(Click images for larger view)
Back to News